- Obtained 60 awards overall, as a team 3rd place in school performance and have had 1st place in team performance as well.
Students design and implement a virtual advocacy campaign to raise awareness in our community about waste issues.
- Visit the IS 109 Green Team Google Site for information on how you can help our school community.
- We offer a music club where students can start their own band, featuring instruction on "Modern Band" instruments through the "Little Kids Rock" methodology.
Our club meets two times a week before school for students who are currently enrolled in Music, have previously taken Music at IS109, or audition to participate.
The Music Club performs in all School Wide Assemblies, and additional Performances as decided by the Club.
You do not need to own an instrument to be a member of the Music Club, however it is recommended.
Our Music Club Ensemble usually includes: Vocals, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums, and Keyboard.
If you feel that you are interested in joining a dedicated group of Musicians to Perform with, please ask your teacher for a pass to speak with Mr. Kanakaris (IKanakaris@schools.nyc.gov) in Room 112.
DJ & Music Production Club
- Students learn the fundamentals of mixing and scratching records, as well as learning how to sample to arrange their own songs.
- Where students will learn about various cultures. Students will attend Broadway plays and Restaurants to experience cultural foods and arts.
- We offer arts enrichment programs to help students develop their artistic skills.
Boys and Girls Mentoring Clubs
- Where students learn about various cultures, build self-esteem, leadership skills, community service and social skills. Students will also attend Broadway plays and restaurants to experience cultural foods and arts and take additional educational trips.